PPE Recycling Box
The PPE Recycling Box is made specifically for facemasks, disposable gloves, visors and other plastic-based PPE items. All you have to do is fill the box with eligible items and send it back to our ReFactory! It’s the ideal zero waste solution, avoiding unnecessary landfill usage.
This box is designed specifically for PPE plastic waste and packaging only – if you wish to recycle more general plastic waste, you might want to consider our Mixed Plastic Recycling Box.
Accepted plastic waste items for recycling
- Disposable face masks
- Plastic Gloves
- Visors & face screens
- Safety gear (helmets, bump caps)
- Goggles & safety spectacles
- Plastic overalls & clothing covers
- Lateral flow tests (to be placed within the plastic/foil bag it comes in)
Unaccepted items – Hazardous, unsuitable or glass
PLEASE NOTE: Our PPE Recycling Boxes are not suitable for clinical waste. Anything usually disposed of via yellow clinical bags is considered hazardous to health and must not be disposed of in a ReFactory Recycling Box. If you have any further questions in regards to this please contact us.
- Food & liquid waste (or items coated with)
- Cigarette waste
- Medicinal blister packs (can be collected in its own box)
- Electronic waste (phones, laptops etc)
- Biodegradable plastics // plant-based plastics (can be collected in its own box)
- Clothing & fabric waste
- Hazardous waste (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic) anything presenting a danger to people or the environment
- Pressurised canisters or aerosols
- Medical waste // surgical waste
- ABP waste (animal by-products)
How our Recycling Box service works
- Order: Select the size of plastic recycling box you require and place your order; we’ll get it to you swiftly!
- Fill: Collect accepted items and fill up your box.
- Ship: Call us on 01482 221110 or email email@example.com to arrange your free collection.
- Re-Order: Order a replacement box to continue your recycling journey.
What is included in our Recycling Box service
- One ReFactory PPE Recycling Box (your choice of size)
- One recycled box liner
- The processing and recycling of your waste materials – guaranteed!
- Customer support from the ReFactory team
The PPE recycling process
Once collected, we hold the boxes for a minimum 72hr quarantine period. Once inspected, the box is recycled to a new packaging media & the contents are pre-shredded. The plastic material, once shredded, is sent to our blending area where it is combined with a mixture of polymers from ocean cleans, verge cleans, food and cosmetic wastes. Lastly, the materials are bonded into a board at high temperature (230degrees C) the board can then be placed back into use or made into a new product on site.
Find out more about the recycling process here
- The service is currently only available in the UK; extra shipping costs apply to Northern Ireland, Jersey or Guernsey
- Please ensure your filled box weighs no more than 20kg for the included return postage to be valid.
ReFactory recycling box safety guidelines
- Please only send us items that are included within the accepted list. Anything included that doesn’t fit our requirements causes contamination issues, resulting in time-consuming sorting processes at our recycling plant.
- Do not send hazardous waste; this includes, but is not limited to: batteries, pressurised canisters and aerosols, paints, pesticides, sharps, biomedical waste, soiled nappies or medication.
- Do not send anything potentially dangerous to peoples health or the environment (sharps, flammables, reactive materials, corrosives, ignitable, toxic, etc.).
- No wet/dripping items; please wash out your containers and plastic waste and ensure everything is dry before placing inside – the box and its contents must be completely dry to be shipped.
If you require larger quantities of waste to be recycled, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
We know our customers are great at following the rules, but please double check your box before collection to make sure there are no unsuitable or hazardous waste items that could pose issues to our machines and hard working staff. Thank you.